Diversity - Education - Advocacy
Are you interested in serving on the 2018 Board of Directors?
Now is the time to submit your letter of interest for our upcoming election.
Please submit your letter of interest by e-mail to email@example.com no later than 5:00PM on Friday, October 20, 2017.
Please include the following information in your letter of interest:
1. Law school attended & graduation date.
2. Area of practice.
3. Law firm or affiliation.
4. Los Abogados activities that you have participated in or supported (any previous service with Los Abogados).
5. Other boards or organizations that you actively (or previously) participate in.
6. A brief statement as to why you wish to serve on the 2018 Board of Directors.
*Two (2) positions on our board are reserved for attorneys who have been licensed to practice law for a period of five (5) years or less. Two (2) additional positions on our board are reserved for attorneys who reside outside of Maricopa county. Please indicate in your letter of interest if you qualify for either of these categories.
NOTE: In order to be eligible to run for the 2018 Los Abogados Board of Directors you must be a current member (whose dues are paid) and you must be licensed to practice law by January 1, 2018.
General Requirements & Expectations of all board members:
1. Attendance at the annual retreat is MANDATORY. The 2018 retreat is scheduled to take place outside the Phoenix Metropolitan area on January 5th-7th Reservations will be made by the organization but all travel and lodging costs are the responsibility of each board member. Total cost is yet to be determined (average cost of previous retreats has been approximately $400).
2. Attendance at all monthly board meetings (one evening per month).
3. Active participation and support of our two major fund raising events (Spring Golf Tournament & Fall Gala). Board members are asked to secure sponsorship commitments for these events, as well as attend, and/or assist in the planning and execution of these events.
4. Serve on at least one board committee.
5. Support the organization by attending the scheduled luncheons, happy hour events and other various events that are scheduled throughout the year.
Please contact us with any questions/concerns regarding any of the requirements/expectations listed above. We hope that you will consider running for the 2018!
2017 Membership Dues
Membership Dues for 2017 are now payable on this website. Payment now will ensure membership privileges through December 31, 2017. To become a member, please go to the Become a Member menu on the left side of the Home Page and click on the Join Los Abogados Now link. Current members may renew their membership by clicking on the Renew link in the upper right corner of their screen. If it does not appear, you will need to sign up for 2017 membership through the Join Los Abogados Now link.
Student memberships paid now will remain current until July 31, 2017 to coincide with the school year.
For further information, please see the FAQ section on Membership and the information concerning Los Abogados Membership Benefits.
2017 Board of Directors
President: Jason Barraza
Vice President: Ashley Villaverde Halvorson
Recording Secretary: Phil Ortega
Treasurer: Fernando Anzaldua
Communications Director: Michael Valenzuela
Past President: Jessica Sanchez
Directors: Antonio Bustamante, Judy Davila, Shayna Fernandez, Erica Gonzalez-Melendez, Brandon Kavanagh, William Knight, Ed Maldonado, Marcos Tapia, Cindy Villanueva, Ray Ybarra Maldonado, Marian Zapata-Rossa
P.O. Box 813
Phoenix, Arizona 85001
For general information or membership questions you may also e-mail us through our website e-mail form.
For any issues related to this website, please contact our Communications Director.